Local Project: "Changing Youth Policy through Gender Budgeting"
The local project "Changing youth policy through gender budgeting" deals in following areas:
- How much budget spend within the youth policy benefit respectively boys and
- How to establish a structure within the city of Rotterdam to ensure the continuous attention to GM?
- How to develop working strategies to make gender part of policymaking?
A conference on subject of youth and gender budgeting will be held for the city of Rotterdam and organisations in the field.
More details about the project:
The project consists of three main parts:
- Gender budgeting: follow the money
- Gender policy: follow the trend
- Gender mainstreaming: follow the experience
Leading questions are:
- From how much budget spend within youth policy benefit respectively boys and girls?
- How to establish a structure within the city of Rotterdam to ensure the continuous attention to gender mainstreaming. How to develop working strategies to make gender part of policymaking.
Target Groups: The project will involve civil servants in the field of youth policy of the city of Rotterdam. And through them boys and girls in the age of 12 to 18.
Results: A conference on the subject of youth and gender mainstreaming for the city of Rotterdam and the organizations in the field; a publication about this subject including a conference report, with conclusions and recommendations. The outcome is intended to be a higher level of awareness as to the gender neutrality of youth policy making among civil servants.
Gender mainstreaming consist of two possible strategies:
- Equal or balanced representation
- Gender as part of policymaking.
In this project we focus on the content of policy. We want to show through the example of youth policy that so called 'neutral' policies turn out to benefit one group (boys) rather than the other (girls). In the case of youth policy this leads to the continuation of classical gender patterns, unequal access to government spendings and underrepresentation of women.
Products for transnational transfer:
The publication about youth and gender mainstreaming will be adapted to a manual gender mainstreaming for the European partner cities.
back to the standard-version